Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoeSup  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2009 8:10:39 AM(UTC)
JoeSup

Groups: Registered

Is there a manual, diagram online or can anyone tell me how to remove the water/ice cover on the front of the door so I can replace a broken water actuator? The refrigerator I have is a Frigidaire Model #FRS23KR4A Thanks !
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2009 4:36:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
With the drip tray removed, remove the 3 screws at the bottom of the front panel. Lift up on the front panel, there are tabs on the top of the panel that slide into holes in the door panel. Swing panel out to side, being careful not to pull the ribbon connector for the control board. Carefully unplug the ribbon connector from the power board on the dispenser in the
door.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Ice & water dispenser replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FRS23KR4AB0 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
jasmine31577  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:26:04 AM(UTC)
jasmine31577

I also replaced a broken water actuator recently. Although I got the water actuator replaced with relative ease my ice maker won't stop running now any I can't get the water to work at all. The ribbon connector did come off of the cover, but the other end stayed attached. Everytime I go to re-attach the connector the ice begins to go and the water won't work. Any ideas on what occured b/c I think it hs something to do with the ribbon connector falling off.
Always Something  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 4:07:50 PM(UTC)
Always Something

Have you had any luck so far? i have the exact same issue. Temporarily i have put the panel back on, but the ribbon connector is not attached inside as every time i had it in the water lever is dead and the ice won't stop. so as of right now nothing in the panel works...
jasmine31577  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:30:50 AM(UTC)
jasmine31577

Originally Posted by: Always Something Go to Quoted Post
Have you had any luck so far? i have the exact same issue. Temporarily i have put the panel back on, but the ribbon connector is not attached inside as every time i had it in the water lever is dead and the ice won't stop. so as of right now nothing in the panel works...

NO, I have had no luck yet. I did order a new ribbon to see if that is the problem. If this doesn't work I guess I will break down and call someone to come out and fix it.
beerhunter  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 8:39:37 PM(UTC)
beerhunter

Did you find a fix? I am having the same problem
mbdonnelly  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 6:29:59 PM(UTC)
mbdonnelly

Originally Posted by: jasmine31577 Go to Quoted Post
I also replaced a broken water actuator recently. Although I got the water actuator replaced with relative ease my ice maker won't stop running now any I can't get the water to work at all. The ribbon connector did come off of the cover, but the other end stayed attached. Everytime I go to re-attach the connector the ice begins to go and the water won't work. Any ideas on what occured b/c I think it hs something to do with the ribbon connector falling off.

I am having this same issue as above and numerous other threads I've seen but can't seem to locate a thread on what it's caused by or the final fix. It seems like there might be a reset or something causing the issue. Or is the ribbon bad? Any help would be appreciated. My model is
FRS6L9EESS1.
Skippers6  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 11:35:50 AM(UTC)
Skippers6

Did anyone figure out what the problem was? We just replaced our water paddle and when we put back, the water does not work and the ice runs constantly..... Before I order a new board would love to know what it is
Macorm  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 10:29:58 AM(UTC)
Macorm

Hello, I am having the same issues as everyone else, but with the water instead of the ice. After I replaced the actuator and reconnected the wiring, the water stays running and the ice does not work. Did anyone find a solution? I disconnected the fridge and connected it again to see if it would reset, but the problem was not resolved. Any suggestions?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply