Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jamievbva  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2009 7:05:53 PM(UTC)
jamievbva

Groups: Registered

I have a GE GSS25SGMDBS side by side refrigerator. The freezer and frig are both cooling normal on the bottom half but the top half is not cooling. The evaporator fan was not running so I replaced it. It still is not working. The coils had normal frost on the bottom heavey frost on the center and no frost on the top. Could a faulty heater becausing the fan not to come on or is it more likely the motherboard? Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 7:42:09 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Whenever the evaporator fan motor fails it burns out the motherboard, Ge designed it this way. Order the board here, AP4297272
jamievbva  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 1:40:15 PM(UTC)
jamievbva

hi, I replaced the mother board with a new one. After connecting it and pluging the frig back in, neither the compressor nor the the evaporator fan came on. All lights came on. I removed it and and put the old one back on and the compressor came back on but still no evaporator fan. Any other suggestions? thanks
richappy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:49:59 AM(UTC)
richappy

If you have a meter, you can go to the sticky above "(GS &HS) models to get diagnostic info on this. Also check that all the plugs are plugged in properly.
coreave  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 8:38:29 AM(UTC)
coreave

I have replaced the everapator fan in the freezer on my GSS25SGMDBS and
also the mother board. My freezer coils get a slight frost but the fan is not running. What else can I do to get my frige back running properly?

How can I test to see if there is voltage getting to the everapator fan motor at the motor ? I.e. what color wires and what shoudl the voltage be?

Thanks in advance.
richappy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:39:21 AM(UTC)
richappy

If the compressor is not running, you probably have bad thermistors. If running (vibrating) and only partial evaporator frost, you have refrigeration problems.
At the motor connector the voltages should be 13 volts red to white wires and 6- 8 volts between yellow and white. This must be a square wave which should show up on the ac mode of the meter.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply