Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ajd  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 7:15:31 AM(UTC)
ajd

Groups: Registered

I have a similar problem to other posts here, but haven't been able to find a solution.

The ice cube maker is working but the water dispenser isn't. I've verified that the water inlet valve is working correctly. I've traced water flowing out of the water tube all the way up to the bottom of the freezer door. At that disconnect water will come out when the dispenser switch is pushed. So I suspect either a frozen line in the freezer door or some type of blockage in the line. Could it be anything else?

And now I cannot figure out how to get inside the dispenser panel without breaking something (which is what I typically do). I've gotten the breakdown picture of this area from your website, but it doesn't explain how to get inside the door, can you offer any help?

Thank you,
AJD
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Nimrag  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2008 7:55:11 AM(UTC)
Nimrag

Groups: Registered

Yes, your water line in the door is frozen. The door is sealed. I cut a 8" x 8" panel out of the inside of the freezer door, cut away the insulation to expose the water line and used a hair dryer to unfreeze the water line, replaced the insulation, taped the panel on the door and it's good to go. GE will do nothing about this problem except sell you a new door.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 2:18:13 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
There is a much better and neater way to fix this. Check the fountain assembly for your refrigerator in this parts site and remove the fountain assembly. Reach in and locate the water line. Just thaw it out with a hair dyer and add more insulation between the water line and the inner panel.
Also, check the freezer temperature. If it is below zero, adjust your freezer control to get the temperature above zero, like 5 degrees. This also may fix your problem.
Matt S  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 9:31:08 AM(UTC)
Matt S

Groups: Senior Expert

I agree with Rich.

Follow his instructions. You should be good to go.

Matt
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply