Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wmdaniel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2009 8:09:47 PM(UTC)
wmdaniel

Groups: Registered

I have a four year old KitchenAid side by side with an ice maker. The Ice maker stopped working about 18 months ago. I followed advice on this site given to folks with similar problems. I replaced the ice maker motor. The ice maker worked for about a year and a half. It stopped working again about a month ago. I replaced the motor again. This time the maker “harvested” about 3 trays of ice then it stopped working.

I followed trouble shooting advice again from this site, and changed the whole ice maker (purchased here). Once the new ice maker was installed it froze one tray of ice, but the ice was never “harvested”. The harvest arm stayed in the 3 o’clock position. The emitter light now blinks twice, indicating (based on information here) the PC emitter board needs to be replaced.

Is there any way to override the PC board to test the rest of the ice maker components before I order and replace the PC board? I would hate to find yet another problem (as many other folks on this site have run into) and have to continue replacing parts. I already have $250.00 into parts on this refrigerator not counting the $50.00 filter that keep getting changed. I want to get an idea if all of my other parts are working before ordering anything else.

Thank you in advance,
Daniel
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.