Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
docbrown26  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2009 1:14:02 PM(UTC)
docbrown26

Groups: Registered

My frigidaire side by side no longer dispenses ice, water, and the lights don't work (on the panel). If you press the ice lever the auger motor doesn't turn. It does still produce ice. I've taken it apart to see if it was anything simple, but no. I'm trying to figure out if it is the power board or the control board. When i had it apart i did put a test light on the square power supply harness the one marked pwr, ice, and i forgot what the others were it was the square one that plugs into the board. It did show power. I'm presuming its the control board, but at a 120-150$ I don't want to make a guess. Please let me know.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

steventoo  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:03:21 PM(UTC)
steventoo

Originally Posted by: docbrown26 Go to Quoted Post
My frigidaire side by side no longer dispenses ice, water, and the lights don't work (on the panel). If you press the ice lever the auger motor doesn't turn. It does still produce ice. I've taken it apart to see if it was anything simple, but no. I'm trying to figure out if it is the power board or the control board. When i had it apart i did put a test light on the square power supply harness the one marked pwr, ice, and i forgot what the others were it was the square one that plugs into the board. It did show power. I'm presuming its the control board, but at a 120-150$ I don't want to make a guess. Please let me know.

Check door safety switch ( light switch ), loose/off wire, ribbon cable for front buttons off/loose, bad board. Well, I did find out that the light bulb was broke off up inside of the dispenser, I replaced it and there is still no power to the door or the light. So it looks like when the light bulb blew out (before I owned it) a small fuse in behind the dispenser panel had blown. After removing all the tiny screwe and the removal of entire front panel I found this little dead fuse. I had to take a butter knife to pry the box open where the ribbon cable plugs in. In there you will see a tiny fuse. Test it! After replacing that fuse everything is working fine. I presume this fuse is a safety feature to prevent electrical shocks because that dispenser panel carries 120v into it. Next to all of that 120volts is flowing water and a light bulb. I hope this helps you.
steventoo  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:43:08 PM(UTC)
steventoo

Originally Posted by: docbrown26 Go to Quoted Post

Check door safety switch ( light switch ), loose/off wire, ribbon cable for front buttons off/loose, bad board. Well, I did find out that the light bulb was broke off up inside of the dispenser, I replaced it and there is still no power to the door or the light. So it looks like when the light bulb blew out (before I owned it) a small fuse in behind the dispenser panel had blown. After removing all the tiny screwe and the removal of entire front panel I found this little dead fuse. I had to take a butter knife to pry the box open where the ribbon cable plugs in. In there you will see a tiny fuse. Test it! After replacing that fuse everything is working fine. I presume this fuse is a safety feature to prevent electrical shocks because that dispenser panel carries 120v into it. Next to all of that 120volts is flowing water and a light bulb. I hope this helps you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply