Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HTBaggett  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 9:35:19 PM(UTC)
HTBaggett

Groups: Registered

My Frigidaire refrigerator recently stopped cooling. The freezer would keep items close to the evaporator frozen, but the ice melted and the refrigerator compartment would not cool.
Reviewing the various information on the internet, everything pointed to the evap fan motor. I ordered the motor and installed it, but the motor still does not run. The compressor is running, compressor fan is running, I cleaned the condenser coils so I’m at a loss what to do next.
Please advise what I’ve missed to get this unit operating again.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TimiHendrix01  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 10:18:58 PM(UTC)
TimiHendrix01

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: HTBaggett Go to Quoted Post
My Frigidaire refrigerator recently stopped cooling. The freezer would keep items close to the evaporator frozen, but the ice melted and the refrigerator compartment would not cool.
Reviewing the various information on the internet, everything pointed to the evap fan motor. I ordered the motor and installed it, but the motor still does not run. The compressor is running, compressor fan is running, I cleaned the condenser coils so I’m at a loss what to do next.
Please advise what I’ve missed to get this unit operating again.

I also have a Frigidaire refrigerator in which the evaporator fan no longer runs. We bought the fridge used, and the fridge never cooled properly. I know that I occasionally heard the fan running, but it sounded very loud, and eventually it stopped running altogether. Before buying a new one I double-checked that there is voltage to the fan, and there is, 12VDC. I replaced the evap fan motor but the new one does not run either. I had the fridge in diagnostic mode and tested "HI" and "LOW" functions and voltage is present at the connector. Also used a multimeter on both fan motors (old and new) to test for resistance and there is on both (as long as i tested the right wires).
(side note: I'm not sure if this is how it works, but there are three wires in the connector, my guess is that one is for Low speed, one is for High speed, and one is the ground. When i tested the voltage, there was 12V on both wires for the different speeds regardless of what speed setting i had the diagnostic mode in. Is this how it is supposed to be, or is this maybe the issue?)

Any help anyone has would be appreciated.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply