Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WhirlyPair  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 4:57:03 PM(UTC)
WhirlyPair

Groups: Registered

5.5 year old French Door model GZ25FSRXYY2 icemaker making small cubes when water dispenser was becoming slow as 6 month mark approached on filter. Replacing the water filter restored the flow rate, however, the icemaker didn't dump the last set of cubes and now will not fill tray despite door water dispenser working properly. Tested single water inlet valve and MM showed no continuity. Door water dispenser works, however, when reconnecting water inlet valve electrical connection. Icemaker has an inline unserviceable fuse, but I occasionally hear the filling sound and fill tube was negative for being frozen so it appears to be getting power. Jumper wire between V & L is negative for any movement or sounds. As far as I can tell on this model, there is only one inlet valve. Replace inlet valve or icemaker assembly or both?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 3:23:26 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Always test parts before you replace them. The ice maker coil voltage is 120 so it should be getting that voltage during the last part of the harvest cycle.

You have to you can also make a line cord and operate it disconnected from the refrigerator's wiring. That way you could see how much, if any water flow you have. Just remember electricity can kill you, be careful.

I suspect you are not getting any or enough water through the value.
ThatGuy attached the following image(s):
wvalve.jpg
WhirlyPair  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:42:52 AM(UTC)
WhirlyPair

Thanks for your reply. I mentioned before trying the jumper wire from V to L with no results so I am not sure how to make a line cord and operate it disconnected from the refrigerator's wiring to see how much, if any water flow I have. It appears there is another water inlet valve (WPW10349187) to the refrigerator behind a panel on the back wall that I should perhaps test. It is a dual valve each with a solenoid; one to the icemaker and one to water dispenser. The water dispenser works so I am hoping to discover the solenoid to the ice maker is not working. Still odd, though. The single water inlet valve (WPW10498990) near the back near the compressor tested negative. When connected, the water dispenser works and when disconnected, it does not. Seems like a negative test would indicate discontinuity in the solenoid and no water should pass on to the next valve set.
WhirlyPair  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 11:26:51 AM(UTC)
WhirlyPair

It may well be the icemaker cycling thermostat. Given the effort to remove it, I may as well order one and see if that is the culprit.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply