|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
Model Number: LFX31925ST Brand: -other- Age: 1 - 5 years
LG fridge... I'm poking around w/ my fridge, the basic symptom is "doesn't cool enough". I hired a certified fridge repair guy, but he looked at it for 10 minutes and pronounced it "dead and worthless. It has a clog. Don't bother replacing it, it's not worth it". I contacted LG and they said even though it has a 10 year warranty on the sealed system, there is only ONE technician they will send out for coverage of the seal system's parts, and that one guy charges a flat rate of $950. Yeah, right, I don't think so.
1. Frost all over the freezer evaporator coil.
2. Frost on first 8" only in the fridge's evaporator coil.
3. while-running low-side PSIG reading: 5
4. while-not-running stable low-side PSIG reading: 30
5. PCB just replaced
6. Temperature sensors verified to be in-range
7. M-FUSES verified working
8. Compressor sounds good and "happy", very quiet (linear compressor)
9. can hear (and feel) gurgling freon through the evaporator coils, both of them.
10. Sticker on fridge states Low Pressure: 140 PSI Ga, High Pressure: 400 PSI Ga.
11. Fridge is set to 36F, but temperature inside reads 50-55F most of the time.
Technician's diagnosis: You have a clog. It's affecting refrigeration, you should throw out your $3000 fridge. Don't try to repair it.
1. 140 PSI Ga - what's that mean? not-running pressure on the low-side, or while-running pressure? If mine's reading "5" and it's supposed to be "140" while running, then man, I'm really off.
2. If I can feel gurgling in the evaporator coils, how can I have a clog if I feel gurgling liquid flowing through it?
3. Freezer runs cold great. Doesn't this imply the compressor is working great?
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Inconsistent ohm readings...fried compressor?||stardust||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||2||05-23-2014 11:41 PM|
|Incorrect Temperature Readings||RobertQQQ||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||3||07-17-2012 02:31 AM|
|Can someone please verify these motor test readings?||wh1rpool||Washer Repair||0||11-20-2011 04:03 PM|
|readings on coils||darrell davis||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||0||08-24-2009 02:57 PM|
|Need ohm readings for Bosch dryer heater||mowind||Dryer Repair||0||11-09-2008 04:01 PM|