Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raisinhead  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 21, 2017 11:04:47 AM(UTC)
raisinhead

Groups: Registered

I own a Whirlpool French door bottom freezer refrigerator. The door gasket on the top right door tore and was allowing warm air to be pulled into the fridge. I have ordered 2 replacement gaskets. Part is OEM and # is WPW1460580. I have 2 issues with this part and wonder if anyone else has problems. My first issue is packaging. The part is shipped in a box with dimensions that would allow gasket to fit without folding or bending. The informational sheet in the box states in large, bold letters "DO NOT BEND, FOLD OR TWIST". Upon removing both gaskets they are twisted in a figure 8 and then folded in half. After soaking in a tub of hot water I can almost get them to lie in their original position. My second problem is that both of these gaskets are 1/4 inch shorter than the gasket that was removed and cannot be stretched far enough to fit arount the liner. I paid a repair professional to install gasket and he also was unable. I now have a 4 year old 1300.00 dollar paperweight in my kitchen. Any useful info would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.