Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
marmour0  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 6:16:14 AM(UTC)
marmour0

Groups: Registered

Hey everyone,

I have a GE gfss6kkycss (that I believe is a rebranded Samsung) that does not seem to be cooling correctly. The fridge is set to 38 F but it is hovering around 40 F or so based on a digital fridge thermometer while the freezer is no where near as cold as it should be but I don't know exactly where it is at.

A month or so ago I had the issue where it was leaking water due to the warming coil not melting the ice around the drain in the back of the fridge. I opened it up, melted all the ice, and added a little copper wire to the heating element to make it longer to go down into the drain tube (common fix on youtube) and everything has been working fine with it since then until the last day or two. When I opened it up to check on this issue I noticed the heating element was on and there was some liquid in the drain so there was some frost that had just melted. I gave it a few minutes and the heating element shut off and the fridge started to cool again as there was frost forming on the top of the evaporator. I did verify the evaporator fan was clicking on and it looked like it was running at a normal speed. What troubleshooting step should I go from here?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.