Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
onion  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 12:43:46 PM(UTC)
onion

Groups: Registered

Hi

I have this maytag 2 door side by side fridge. A few months ago the ice maker would not stop dispensing ice with the door closed. When I opened the door the auger would stop. I ended up unplugging the fridge and removing the auger motor. The next day I decided to hook it back up and try to figure out what was going on. I unplugged, the fridge, reinstalled the auger and everything worked perfect. Now, a couple months later, I went to get some ice and water and the ice wouldn't stop dispensing again. Same problem, with the door closed it the auger would run, open it would stop. So I figured I would disconnect it, leave it for a day and hope for the best. This time it didn't fix the problem....the auger will run no stop with the door closed. Water works fine as normal(so I figure its not the dispensing paddle sticking)

I took apart the front panel where you get the ice and water from, thinking it was the board in the dispensing unit. I comepletely unhooked that board and when I plugged the fridge back in the ice auger was still running non stop. So I figure I eliminated the dispensing board from being the problem. right??

I don't know what to do next besides buying a main control board. Locally here in canada it is about $230 with no returns if it has been used. I really don't want to buy this if I don't need it.

Any advice on how to diagnose the problem further? I believe there is a main control board and a power board of some type? How do I figure out which board it is? or if it even is a board.

Thanks for the help! It's just an ice maker, I am not in a rush to get this fixed, but I don't like having things that don't work.....so this will consume me until it is fixed lol. I am sure lots of you will understand that lol.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.