Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ice_Is_Nice  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:08:07 PM(UTC)
Ice_Is_Nice

Groups: Registered

I've just put in new Optic Boards, and no ice.

This is a 2001 model Kenmore side-by-side, with through the door ice bucket and the ice maker at the top of the inside of the freezer. Ice production is controlled by an optic board on either side of the freezer.

Recently, the ice bucket has been overflowing inside the freezer, meaning the sensor on the boards had failed and the ice maker wasn't shutting off when the bucket was full. I probably should have just bagged up the extra ice and sold it on the street for a profit....but -- I wanted to fix it, so...

I ordered a replacement set of Optics Boards, and installed them today. After installation, and waiting 2 hours, I opened the door to check the LED status light. It was flashing on/off at one flash per second...continuously. I held in the flapper on the left side emitter sensor, and no change to the LED....still one flash per second, continuously.

Thinking maybe it just needed more time to get cold enough, I left and came back 2 hours later....The temp now is at "0", the prongs (technical term?) are NOT straight up, they are at about a 40-degree angle pointed towards me as I look at it. It seems like there IS ice in the molds (so I'm pretty sure the water line is working)....but it's been over 4 hours now since installing the boards and no ice has been ejected.

While I was installing the boards with the power off, there was a bit of ice that melted and water that may have flowed around the ice maker that of course has now refrozen. Is it possible that this has caused another part to jam up?

Is it possible that the new boards are defective?

Is there some sort of manual reset that I should try? Unplug it and plug it back in?

And now, 5 hours after putting in the new boards, when I open the freezer, I get NO LED status light at all.

I'm perplexed and not sure what my next move is. Please advise, thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.