Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
haynea4f  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2017 6:32:14 PM(UTC)
haynea4f

Groups: Registered

My son left the freezer open while I was at work a couple weeks ago. It was a mess. I noticed after neither ice makers were working. Went to Arizona and got back a few days ago. The water dispenser would not work and still no ice, also the yogurts and cheese in the very bottom drawer of fridge were frozen solid. So, I unplugged it and let it sit for about 10 hours. Plugged back in and water works and ice maker works. But now the fridge will not cool below 57 degrees. The freezer is fine at 0 degrees. So I took off the back panel and cleaned off all the dust I could get to, it was quite a bit. Plugged back in again and still same result. So I pulled back out to just look at motherboard to see if there was any visible burns. None, when I plugged back in the touch display stopped working when I tried to use the touch screen.

I have been trying to find a spec sheet for the motherboard and I can't seem to find one.

I also unplugged the fridge for 8 minutes to try to reset display and it didn't work. I would rather not pay someone if I can figure this out. I have not seen any frost buildup anywhere inside or out, should I be looking for that and if so where? There are no coils on the back of the fridge.

All the fans are operating and freezer is cooling. I don't feel any cooling going to fridge though. The freezer is not packed full at all either.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.