Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TWG1572  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 4:59:27 AM(UTC)
TWG1572

Groups: Registered

About a month ago, our French Door refrigerator lost water to the dispenser and ice maker in the door. It has a second icemaker in the lower freezer drawer, which continued to work fine.

We have hard water, so in a bit of a "what do I have to loose?" maneuver I figured I'd try to see where the issue arose. Maybe there was a bit of sediment in the lines or something. I pulled the filter, took the water lines off the water valve in the door and blew through them. Nothing seemed plugged, but when I put it back together the door dispenser started working like normal. However, the icemaker in the door still does not.

I've tried the cut power for 30 seconds and then turn it on/depress the arm 3 times to reset the icemaker technique I read about. Nothing happened.

This weekend I thought I'd dig a bit deeper. I did some more reading online and came across the suggestion to use service codes to test the water valve and icemaker. I followed the instructions - hold down water, crushed, and cubed all at the same time and hold for 3 seconds. Then enter "00 65" to test the water valve - I heard a hum, but no water entered the icemaker. I then did "00 99" to test the icemaker. The fingers on it rotated around around. The article didn't give much guidance on interpreting these results, so I'm not sure where to go from here?

Is there another troubleshooting step I could do? Or am I pretty much down to replacing the water valve and/or icemaker?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.