Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nebblkshts  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:56:18 AM(UTC)
nebblkshts

Groups: Registered

So every so often the front door water spout just dumps a ton of water out all over the floor. Very random mostly when we are either asleep or at work. I thought it was the ice storage because it looks like the ice melts. So I removed it and stopped it from creating ice and I still have the issue.

Is it time for a new fridge or is there a part I can replace?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:13:56 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Are you certain it is from the dispenser?

Look at the floor of the freezer to see if it is covered by a thick sheet of ice. If so your defrost drain is plugged and the water is overflowing when it goes into defrost instead of draining into pan in back. That would be much more common than a random dispenser issue.
nebblkshts  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 3:29:43 AM(UTC)
nebblkshts

Originally Posted by: PNWDrew Go to Quoted Post
Are you certain it is from the dispenser?

Look at the floor of the freezer to see if it is covered by a thick sheet of ice. If so your defrost drain is plugged and the water is overflowing when it goes into defrost instead of draining into pan in back. That would be much more common than a random dispenser issue.

Yes, I am sure because the door and items hung on it are wet.
PNWDrew  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 6:13:24 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

OK, just had to eliminate the routine. There's a bunch of possibilities. You probably have either a bad micro switch that tells the machine you've depressed the paddle or the mount for the paddle that hits it. Less likely is a bad user interface, water valve, or main board.

1) is your dispenser usually set to water? If you were to switch it to ice (which is off so bucket is empty) is the issue frequent enough to know in a few days that it was no longer flooding?

2) You can skip this if there is NO ice in the bucket at all. This model has a vacuum operated return for the ice door, when it fails the door can return too fast, trapping ice in the chute, which eventually melts and drains. Activate the ice dispenser while looking up into that chute from the outside, does the little door open and then close with a slight delay? You'll want your ice bin empty or pulled out to avoid getting a face full off ice. The freezer door has to be closed or door switch pressed in to allow dispenser to be activated.

3) When you push and release that paddle for water does it return to off immediately? Stopping the water flow into your glass as soon as you release the paddle?

http://www.appliancepartspros.c...or-whirlpool-ed5shaxmq10

That is diagram for your dispenser area. Don't start pulling it apart yet unless you really want to but just so you can see what parts I'm referring to. I think these were known for issues developing in the dispenser paddle mount. Those are some of the steps I'd take if I showed up to fix this.
nebblkshts  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 7:55:05 AM(UTC)
nebblkshts

1) is your dispenser usually set to water?
[COLOR="Red"]Yes,[/COLOR]
If you were to switch it to ice (which is off so bucket is empty) is the issue frequent enough to know in a few days that it was no longer flooding?
[COLOR="Red"]I will Try this[/COLOR]

3) When you push and release that paddle for water does it return to off immediately? [COLOR="Red"]Yes[/COLOR]

Cool Thanks for the help.
nebblkshts  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 7:55:06 AM(UTC)
nebblkshts

1) is your dispenser usually set to water?
[COLOR="Red"]Yes,[/COLOR]
If you were to switch it to ice (which is off so bucket is empty) is the issue frequent enough to know in a few days that it was no longer flooding?
[COLOR="Red"]I will Try this[/COLOR]

3) When you push and release that paddle for water does it return to off immediately? [COLOR="Red"]Yes[/COLOR]

Cool Thanks for the help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply