Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ace08066  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 2:08:14 PM(UTC)
Ace08066

Groups: Registered

I have an Amana fridge, I assume 5-10 years old. I bought it used so I don't know for sure. It has worked great except for an intermittent issue the past few months. It started making a knocking noise which I suspected to be the evap fan and periodically would stop functioning for 1-2 hours causing the ice to melt, but always came back.

This morning I woke up to a puddle of water from an entire bucket of melted ice. I opened it up and found the fan was not spinning but the fan motor was red hot, so I gave it a little nudge and it tried to spin, so I figured the fan was bad... Well, I mean it *was* certainly bad, so I replaced it about 30 minutes ago.

Now there were two of the same size wires going to it, I assume power/ground. In my infinite wisdom I neglected to remember which color came from which pin - one is pink and one blue. I'm fairly certain they're back on in the correct orientation but I've tried it from both ways.

My question is - it's been plugged in for about 20 minutes now and the coils are getting cold, there is ice cold air coming through the very bottom vent hole, but the evap fan is still not spinning. Will it take a while to start up? I have to assume everything else on the thing is good since the old motor was definitely getting power, but the motor was so worn it just wouldn't spin.

I've come here for help before, this'll be the first time ever posting. Just wanna say I appreciate these forums very much! :D
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.