Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
moondog5814  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 8:39:54 AM(UTC)
moondog5814

Groups: Registered

Noticed that the refrigerator was not keeping my favorite beverage cold enough. Cleaned the coil....it was very dirty. There didn't seem to be any air blowing into the fridge section. Looked like some ice was built up in the back of the freezer section and fan wasn't turning. I unplugged the fridge and let it sit overnight. Plugged it back in and fan is turning and freezer is getting cold.Fridge has been running now for about 5 hrs and temp is 5 degrees in freezer and 50 in refrigerator section. Still doesn't seem to be enough air blowing into the refrigerator section to cool it down. Thinking that I have a defrost problem. I thought that I could pop off the back panel in the freezer section by taking out a few screws. It looks like you have to take out the tracks for the freezer door to get the back panel off. Has anyone taken that panel off? Looks like the heater defrost assembly and defrost thermostat are behind it. Any tips would be appreciated.
I have had nothing but problems with the GE Profile appliances. Microwave has broken down 4 times, a burner ignitor just went out on my slide in gas range and now this fridge problem on this counter depth piece of crap.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.