Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bigarge@hotmail.com  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 10:17:55 AM(UTC)
bigarge@hotmail.com

Groups: Registered

I have klenmore elite bottom freezer refrigerator with ice make in the door. The ice maker quit working. I believe the ice maker is a part # AEQ73110205. When I push the reset button on the bottom left side of ice maker it rotates, dumps ice and then rotates back and water comes on to fill the tray, but after 24 hrs the unit has not produced any more ice. I think I have narrowed the problem down 3 possibilites- bad ice maker--incorrect air flow to ice maker cabinet-- or bad main control board. Before I just start ordering parts. I was wondering if anyone can help identify/test to see what might be causing my ice maker problem. So(1) Does anyone know what the correct temp is suppose to be in the ice maker compartment? (2)Is there a way to test the ice maker? and (3) Can the main control board be the problem and can I test for it?
WHAT I HAVE CHECKED
I have checked to make sure air circulates to the ice make compartment and the air temp at the air vents feeding into the door at at ~4 deg f. (freezer temp is set at -6 deg f). When I check temp inside the ice maker compartment the temp is ~24deg F. Is this temp OK for the ice maker compartment?
I pushed the reset button on the bottom left side of ice maker and it rotates, dumps ice and then rotates back and water comes on to fill the tray, but after 24 hrs the unit has not produced any more ice.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.