Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SKC812  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 5:01:01 AM(UTC)
SKC812

Groups: Registered

We just bought a house with a RF4287HABP Samsung Refg/Freezer. The ice maker will fill up with water and freeze the cubes, but it will not drop the ice cubes into the bucket. If you fill the bucket with a bag of ice, it will dispense properly. So far they have replaced the entire ice maker 3 times, the control board, the water valve assembly and the auger motor (apparently there is a sensor of some sort on the auger motor). He pulled off the inside panel and checked the evaporator coil for any odd frost patterns, but he said that all looked normal as well. Help?! Is there is anything else anyone can think of to try?? Thank you!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

chapterthree  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:24:30 AM(UTC)
chapterthree

Interesting, I'm having pretty much the same issue, looks like same model (or at least the ice maker is the same one), RF28HMEDBSR/AA. The fridge has only been plugged in for 7 months, however Samsung is refusing to provide warranty service because it was purchased more than a year ago (and sat in the Lowes warehouse for 6 months before I could take delivery).

So I have to have a repair guy come over... and based on what you just said, if he has to do all of those things and it still doesn't fix the issue... this could get spendy.

So what I observe is similar, it fills the tray with water, I wait 90 minutes, I press the reset button, it ejects the cubes in to the bin, it fills the tray with water again, however towards the end of filling there is a chime, and basically everything stops after that. I do the same thing, wait 90 minutes, press reset to eject cubes, etc. That chime is clearly indicating something is wrong, but no idea what.
cjself  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 12:41:17 PM(UTC)
cjself

French door style - ice maker part numbe: rf4287hars

Only makes ice when I press the test button, and even then makes one full tray, and doesn't eject it into the ice bin.

Purchased a new ice maker, installed it, exact same results. Have reset the panel, water pressure is all good. Auger motor seems to be working just fine. I'm at my wits end after battling this for a month, but really concerned about having a tech come out, charge me a bunch of money, and not resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Chris
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply