Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eliteconcept  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:52:03 AM(UTC)
eliteconcept

Groups: Registered

Hi all
Got a 3 year old Maytag fridge, Model M1TXEGMYB01
It recently started doing this buzzing for about 8 to 10 seconds and loud CLICK. It'll do that then off for maybe 5 minutes or so..then do it again. It'll do that maybe 3 times then off for maybe 45 mins or an hour. I just noticed it while I was sleeping the other night, so not entirely sure of its pattern, if any. But it for sure a BUZZZZZZ then a noticeable click.

The fridge and freezer are cold. No signs of frost in the freezer. No water leaking anywhere. Fan near compressor is running.

From my reading it sounded like it was the starter relay for the compressor, so I pulled the fridge out and listened when it did the buzz and click. I know that from cleaning the coils the compressor is on the bottom back so I listened there. Buzzing for sure came from the bottom back somewhere, but the click came from the top freezer section area, near the water line for the ice tray. Interesting to note that there is no water line hooked to the ice tray. The ice maker is turned off.

What do you guys think is going on here?
Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.