Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cee3PeeOh  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:04:32 AM(UTC)
Cee3PeeOh

Groups: Registered

Frigidaire refrigerator FFHS2611LW4 ice maker overflows ice.

In fact the thing works too well. The wire signal arm apparently isn't adjusted correctly because the bucket overflows with ice if I leave it alone and don't babysit it by flipping the arm up when the bucket is full, it overflows ice.

The wire signal arm is not bent or misshapen in any way.

The manual, file:///C:/Users/install/Downloads/1106338L.pdf does show a more ice / less ice feature :

Quote:
To increase ice production for special occasions, such as parties, push the Touch Pad for 3-5 seconds
to activate this feature. A green light will appear above the Touch Pad. Push the Touch Pad again for
3-5 seconds to deactivate. EXTRA ICE should produce 25 percent to 50 percent more ice every 24
hours.

My refrigerator does not have that touchpad.

Any thoughts?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 12:03:25 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Is this the icemaker you have?

Parts for Frigidaire FFHS2611LW4 / : Ice Maker Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

The "wire signal arm" can be called the shut off arm or bail sometimes. It should look like this.......

Frigidaire 5304469377 Shut-Off Arm - AppliancePartsPros.com

Does it rise up when the icemaker goes through its harvest cycle? It should raise up and end up on top of the "new" ice the icemaker just made.

It could be bent inside the icemaker or you could have a switch that is weak. It must work somewhat because you said it will shut off the IM when the arm is manually moved to the up position.

One more thing there are two basic sizes of these bails or shut off arms. A shorter one for regular refrigerators and a longer one for side by sides. (the ice bin is deeper and farther away on SbyS refrigerators.)
Cee3PeeOh  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:22:28 PM(UTC)
Cee3PeeOh

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
Is this the icemaker you have?

Parts for Frigidaire FFHS2611LW4 / : Ice Maker Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]That looks like it but the front square cover has no buttons it is just a plastic cover.[/COLOR]

The "wire signal arm" can be called the shut off arm or bail sometimes. It should look like this.......

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I used that term because it was called that in the manual.[/COLOR]

Frigidaire 5304469377 Shut-Off Arm - AppliancePartsPros.com

Does it rise up when the icemaker goes through its harvest cycle? It should raise up and end up on top of the "new" ice the icemaker just made.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Yes the bail lifts on the new ice but goes no where near where it shuts off the IM. It also lowers parallel against the side of the IM which makes me believe it is adjusted correctly. If it was bent into any other shape it wouldn't stop and rest comfortably against the IM when cycling.[/COLOR]

It could be bent inside the icemaker or you could have a switch that is weak. It must work somewhat because you said it will shut off the IM when the arm is manually moved to the up position.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Yes it does shut off the IM when I lift it. It "feels" normal having just a bit of resistance then snaps/clicks into place and is easily unsnapped into the on position.[/COLOR]

One more thing there are two basic sizes of these bails or shut off arms. A shorter one for regular refrigerators and a longer one for side by sides. (the ice bin is deeper and farther away on SbyS refrigerators.)

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]We bought the thing new so I'm assuming it is the correct one for side by sides.[/COLOR]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply