Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sluggo99  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 8:13:47 PM(UTC)
sluggo99

Groups: Registered

Mom's french door Samsung, which she thought would be the 'last fridge she ever buys', has gone wrong. It started with not cooling and a front panel display that read "OF OF".

She called a tech, who checked it out and said, 'there's a short somewhere', He said it could take 3 days of his time to fix, and it's not worth it. He suspected rodents had gnawed the internal non-visible wiring. When he left, there was no display at all. No sign of anything running. It's as if the thing is worse than when he showed up.

AC Input power is good. I opened up the back, saw nothing strange, though I could smell a little of that phenolic odor you get when a component cooks off. No obvious overheated components on any of the boards. I'll check for DC power (12V and 5V) after checking for any shorts but I kind of suspect the main controller has gone bad. I can't seem to find anyone who sells these boards, though (part no DA41-0075). This refrigerator may end up going to scrap, which seems a real shame, both ecologically and financially. If anyone has suggestions (even if it's a rationale argument why closing it back up and calling the junk man makes sense), all help is appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.