Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rchiga  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 7:35:03 AM(UTC)
rchiga

Groups: Registered

I can't solve this damn drip!! Side by side fridge. The water dispenser ONLY drips during the defrost cycle. I get enough water to fill the drip tray. I have replaced the water inlet valve, replaced the water filter with oem filter, and flushed about 2 gallons of water thru it. This has not solved the problem. It will not drip the rest of the time. The fridge works perfectly other than the drip during the defrost cycle. I wonder if it's the water reservoir tube behind the crisper? Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:23:45 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
In my experience, its usually air trapped in the " water reservoir tube behind the crisper" .

Sometimes called the water bottle, because they used to be, now days they are a coil of tubing that holds less than a gallon of water. Because of all the loops, air can be trapped in the top of the loops and is sometimes very hard to get out.

Take a strong flashlight and shine it through the coils of tubing to see if there are air spaces in them. If you can ever flush all the air out the dripping will stop.

Another possibility is the reservoir might be freezing up and thawing during defrost. If the temperature in the fresh food side is a little too cold, the water in the tubing can start to freeze and when it thaws it might force a little water out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply