Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ressman  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:15:08 PM(UTC)
ressman

Groups: Registered

So, I got an error on my fridge and read that the fan may have iced up.
I unplugged it and used a hair dryer in the back of the freezer to thaw it out. Was a large block of ice back there and it only took a couple minutes to clear it all off.

Plugged it back in and now get Error Er rf. Unplugging and waiting hours doesn't fix it. Fridge will come on but in a few hours Er rf error comes back. Freezer is working. Refrigerator is not cooling. Ice maker works and ice cube stay solid. Just the error message and no cold fridge section.

Was told and read that this error Er rF is either the evaporator fan or the main board. Technician came to my house and told me he'd get both those parts - he didn't have them with him and would have to order them so I figured I could replace either of those myself.

So I went online and purchased both items. I replaced the board first because it only took five minutes and that's easier than crawling my ass into the freezer. That didn't solve the problem. Error came back in an hour.

I went to check on the fan. When I take the back panel inside the freezer out (but still have all connected) and press the test mode, both fans on the back freezer panel come on. I was going to change the fan anyway, but the part that I got for the fan is not the correct size. The online website told me it was a replacement part for the kenmore part I entered, but it's way too big. However, the fan does come on and work in the test mode.

Brand new main board and fans in the freezer section both appear to be working in test mode.

With the above information, anyone have any ideas on what's wrong with this refrigerator?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.