Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aukcioner  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2016 8:06:04 PM(UTC)
aukcioner

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

My 13 year old Whirlpool Gold fridge started making clicking sounds about a month ago. I dragged my feet and after a couple of weeks the fridge would intermittently stop cooling and freezing until I unplug it and plug it back in to the power outlet which would start the compressor back up again.

So, I replaced run capacitor, start device, tracked down a bad capacitor on the control board and replaced it as well as three relays while I was at it. I also tested compressor for connectivity problems and found none. So, as of now the fridge doesn't make clicking sounds and would cool/freeze just fine when left over night. However, in the morning when we open it several times it just won't start the compressor anymore and we have to unplug and plug it back in to power outlet to make compressor to start.

So, my dilemma is whether I should spend $120 on "reconditioning" the board at CoreCentric Solutions, $250 on buying a new board or $1500 on buying a new fridge given that this one is 13 years old.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.