Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
silver90  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2016 11:14:35 AM(UTC)
silver90

Groups: Registered

Yesterday, I changed the water filter on my Frigidaire FRS6HF55KM1 and ran enough water out to get rid of the air in the line. About 30 minutes later crushed ice started coming out on its own. I pulled the ice bucket out, swapped it to cubes, but nothing stopped it. After swapping to cubes, the control panel locked up and would not change to anything else. The auger was rotating the whole time unless I opened the door. I had an appt. and had to get ready to leave. I also took the water filter out to stop the flow of water just in case. Before I left the auger stopped. I understand it times out after about five minutes. I went ahead to the appt.

When I got back, I inserted the water filter and ran water through again. The controls seemed to work so I put the ice bucket back in. However, went I pushed the crushed ice paddle, water came out. I'm not sure if the water filter is a coincidence or if it induced a failure. I assume, I need a new part, but I'm not sure what. Your help will be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.