Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BenAllen13  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 6:49:09 AM(UTC)
BenAllen13

Groups: Registered

GE profile side by side. Model PSHF6RGXCDWW. The control panel on the outside for the water and ice maker stopped functioning. All lights work. Every button eliminates when pressed and makes the "beep" to let you know it was pressed. When the water button is pressed then the arm is pressed (like you were going to get water in a cup) the backlight eliminates but nothing comes out. When you press either crushed or cubed ice, the button beeps acts like all is well. Then, when you press the arm as if to get ice, its like it resets the control panel. The lights all go off (for a second) then flash back on to show the temp of the of the refrigerator and the freezer. All the other lights work on the panel. The light can be turned on. The door alarm can be turned on. The Lock can be turned on. The ice maker is still producing ice and seems to have no issue.

I have checked the connector at the bottom of the door behind the kick plate. All seems to be well there.

After touching some things on the back of the control panel with a multi meter its began to intermittently work again. Water always works with no issue. When the ice is depressed it will work for a second then shut off (all lighting too). Its like it isn't getting enough power to run the ice part.

Could my issue be on the door control panel or the back main board?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.