Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tx-jon  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 6:42:02 PM(UTC)
tx-jon

Groups: Registered

I purchased a used GE refrigerator (mfg date 10/14) a few days ago and when I picked it up it seemed to be working fine. The ice bin in the door was full of ice, the FF compartment was cold, and the freezer felt cold like a freezer should. There was a kids drink in the freezer and it was frozen solid.

I got home, cleaned it up a bit and plugged it in. The next morning I noticed the freezer temp was around 35 degrees and the FF compartment was 50 or so. I though it might be in defrost mode so it didn't bother me much. I got home from work and the few things I had in the freezer were just about thawed and the temp was about the same as when I left in the morning.

Here are my observations:

1. The evap fan in the freezer does not turn on, but will if you leave the door open for a minute or so. Once I close the door, it turns off.
2. The fan for the ice maker doesn't seem to be running very well. Can barely feel air coming through the lower vent off ice maker (none through the top vent).
3. Freezer temp sensor reads 15.2 k ohms in a glass of ice water.
4. Green flashing light on main board (I don't know if that is normal or not though)
5. Compressor and condensor fan run.
6. Through searching I found out how to see if there are any fault codes. I don't know what they mean but they read 05 10 then 21 2o then 00 0d.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I was thinking it might be they main board but don't want to just throw a part at it it be something else.

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Jon
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.