Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sparky7  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 4:58:26 PM(UTC)
Sparky7

Groups: Registered

4 yr old GE Profile won't make ice. I replaced the water filter. Water is filling the icemaker but it is not freezing. I have cycled the icemaker by the reset procedure in the service manual. No change. The actual/set temps of the freezer and frig are within 1 degree of each other set at 1 and 39. Interesting observation...when it was working, I had cold air blowing from the upper duct into the ice compartment. Now I don't from the upper duct but I now do from the lower duct which according to the service manual is the return duct to the freezer. I see there is an ice blower fan supposed to blow cold air from the freezer into the upper duct and return by the lower duct so how am I now getting cold air blowing from the lower duct only? The airflow diagram in the service manual doesn't show a fan blowing cold air thru the lower duct. At this point, I don't know if I have an ice fan issue, a control board issue or an icemaker assy issue. According to the diagnostics, all the thermistors passed. Any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ErikGoBlue  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 4:17:11 AM(UTC)
ErikGoBlue

Groups: Registered

Did you ever figure out the issue on this? I have the same exact issue in my GE Profile French door fridge including the air flow / vent situation.

Originally Posted by: Sparky7 Go to Quoted Post
4 yr old GE Profile won't make ice. I replaced the water filter. Water is filling the icemaker but it is not freezing. I have cycled the icemaker by the reset procedure in the service manual. No change. The actual/set temps of the freezer and frig are within 1 degree of each other set at 1 and 39. Interesting observation...when it was working, I had cold air blowing from the upper duct into the ice compartment. Now I don't from the upper duct but I now do from the lower duct which according to the service manual is the return duct to the freezer. I see there is an ice blower fan supposed to blow cold air from the freezer into the upper duct and return by the lower duct so how am I now getting cold air blowing from the lower duct only? The airflow diagram in the service manual doesn't show a fan blowing cold air thru the lower duct. At this point, I don't know if I have an ice fan issue, a control board issue or an icemaker assy issue. According to the diagnostics, all the thermistors passed. Any ideas?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply