Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bjjansen  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 3:34:54 AM(UTC)
bjjansen

Groups: Registered

My refrigerator is a Kitchen Aid side-by-side refrigerator. The model number is KSCS25FTSS02.

The refrigerator started to run almost continuously, but maintained the set temperatures in the freezer and refrigerator compartment of 0 degrees and 35 degrees. It shuts off for a second or two and then starts back up.

A search of the internet found that I should probably start by cleaning the coils under the refrigerator. I vacuumed as much as I could reach and then used air from a compressor to blow out the remainder of the dust on the coils. When I plugged it back in, it behaved the same way. I now hear a low single “chirp” when the refrigerator starts back up after it shuts down for a few seconds. This may have been present before, but I wasn’t aware of it, but I definitely hear it now.

I pulled the refrigerator out this past weekend, and observed that the condenser motor is running fine. It ran with the cycling of the refrigerator.

Even though the refrigerator is maintaining temperature fine, I decided to check on the evaporator coils to see if there was frost build up. I found there was frost on the evaporator coils, but not an excessive amount. I also observed that the evaporator fan was running ok. Here is a link to a photo of the frost on the evaporator. https://goo.gl/photos/DaG7faQXA3ngcN54A

I also hear a continuous low "clicking" coming from under the refrigerator.

I’m at a loss at this point as to what could be causing the continuous running and the “chirp.”

Thank you in advance for your help.

--Bob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.