Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pchristenson  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 8:03:51 AM(UTC)
pchristenson

Groups: Registered

Hi.

This is my basement fridge. I bought it at Menards for $30, and for a year and a half it worked great. But the freezer got too warm. I removed the floor of the freezer to see if the evap had frosted up. The coils were frosty, but there was alot of ice, that had built up to the point where it had stopped the fan. The drain was ok. I defrosted it. The motor sounded really bad after that. I cleaned rubber shavings out of the front bushing and it's been working great for the last week. I'm gonna replace the bushings for good measure. The defrost element was broken and buried in the ice. I of course, and going to replace that. But I want to know what the voltage should be to the element. I got 22v AC. Is that normal? I thought it should be higher, but my specialty is cars. (I'm actually a welder now but was a ford tech for 10 yrs.) What should the normal voltage be or is it controlled by some kind of thermistor causing it to vary on conditions? any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.