Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BorkBorkBork  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 1:15:26 PM(UTC)
BorkBorkBork

Groups: Registered

My parents' refrigerator was giving them problems last week, everything melted in the freezer. I opened the panel in the back of that compartment, and there was no ice buildup. I monkey'd a bit with the thermostat and fridge/freezer flow setting and got it running again--fan worked fine inside the freezer.

The whole thing went yesterday. There are lights, so power works, but no fans or compression. Thermostat no longer clicks (though it did before when I messed with it.

I'm no expert with a multimeter, but I've done a bit with one on my car and after reading up I believe I tested the compressor and relay correctly. I got a 6.5/3.1/3.4 (200 ohm scale) on the compressor so I believe that indicates the windings are OK. I had no shorts when I checked for ground on all 3 prongs.

On the relay, I get a 5.4 when going testing the two prongs, and no rattling or burn marks. I plug the relay and the overload protector back in and still get resistance.

On the overload protector, I do hear a rattling when I shake it. How do I test it? I tried checking for continuity and got infinity on both prongs and the female port. Bad protector? Any other things to test?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.