Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hanginghelmet  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2016 2:24:52 PM(UTC)
hanginghelmet

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone. I have a Whirlpool MFI2569VEM4 that has stopped making ice. I am still getting water out of the water dispenser. It sounds like the ice maker is working as it continues to cycle. I thought I would check the continuity on the water inlet valve. I used my multi meter and i got a reading of 260 on the one valve and 190 on the other. I dont know if the lower reading on the one means that the inlet valve is malfunctioning. I hate to waste money by purchasing a new valve if that isn't the problem. But I also dont want to call a repairman and then have that be the problem and i end up paying the repairman for a repair I could have done myself. Can anyone offer some help? Thanks in advance for everyone's help!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

adward  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2016 3:27:27 AM(UTC)
adward

1ST- If the freezer temperature is above 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-12C), the ice maker will not produce ice cubes efficiently. The freezer temperature should be set between 0 and 5 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 to -15C) for the ice maker to work properly OR condenser fan is working properly.

2ND- If the water inlet valve is defective, or if it has insufficient pressure, it won’t allow water to flow through. As a result, the ice maker won’t make ice.

3RD- One component of the ice maker assembly might be defective. Since many of the ice maker components are not sold separately, you may need to purchase and replace the entire ice maker assembly. Before replacing the ice maker assembly, check the water inlet valve, water line, and fan. If none of these parts are at fault, and the freezer temperature is at least 15 degrees Fahrenheit, replace the ice maker assembly.

4TH- The door switch turns off the ice and water dispenser when the refrigerator door is open. If the door switch fails, the dispenser will not turn on.

For more help visit appliance repairs expert or call our professional at 416-727-1352
hanginghelmet  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2016 5:12:22 AM(UTC)
hanginghelmet

Thanks for your reply but it really doesn't answer my question. The freezer is set at 0 degrees. As I stated in my email I have already checked the inlet valve and my question was if the readings that I got indicated if the valve was defective. I don't believe the water pressure is the issue as I get a good flow from the water dispenser.

Thanks again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply