Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
balno  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:41:59 AM(UTC)
balno

Groups: Registered

My GE Monogram Icemaker Model ZDIS150WSS is not making ice. The cooling plate is warm and has water running over it. I did a diagnostics check and all came back OK, however the Compressor and Condenser Fan Check (Order 7) stays on solid as the Evap thermistor never reaches 4.5 Deg F. I checked the OHMS across the pins on the compressor. With the unit cold, the resistance across the bottom two pins is 11.6 OHMS, across the bottom left and top pin is 8.8 OHMS and across the bottom right and top pin is 3.4 OHMS. With the unit running for several minutes through the diagnostic cycle the readings were 14, 6 and 4.5 respectively. When turning the unit on, the voltage to the compressor reads 10 VAC and the condenser fan does not run. I believe it is either the main control board or the dual voltage transformer. Can anyone help with the diagnosis?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Medics  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 11:42:25 AM(UTC)
Appliance Medics

If the compressor is running but the cold plate never gets cold it sounds like a refrigerant leak which can be pretty complicated and pricy. If the compressor is not running but you have 120 volts to it you could have a bad start device or a bad compressor.hope this helps
balno  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 4:45:11 PM(UTC)
balno

The compressor and can do not run. The power to the compressor is only 10VAC.
Appliance Medics  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 9:19:58 AM(UTC)
Appliance Medics

Without seeing a schematic or wiring diagram I would say bad main control. That's where they usually get there power from but you could also have a shorted bin sensor that makes the unit think the bin is full and no need to produce ice
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply