Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joemd  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2016 3:13:25 PM(UTC)
joemd

Groups: Registered

I need help trying to figure out what's wrong with my built in kitchenaid frig/freezer. The temperature has been really variable over the last couple of months and the freezer wasn't freezing all the time. I did some research and decided to change the stop relay. It worked for a week, then the same problem. Replaced the thermostat hoping that would do it. Nothing. Not sure what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Medics  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 4:36:01 AM(UTC)
Appliance Medics

OK so if after the thermostat your still having the same issue on this model it looks like you could be dealing with a "sealed system leak" which is best to have a professional diagnose. Just the gauges alone to see the inside of the system are about 75 dollars. Now if it is, be prepared for a fairly expensive repair. But you need to be able to eliminate a system leak as a source of failure. If your from maryland I can recommend a service provider for you. Good luck!
joemd  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:10:48 AM(UTC)
joemd

Sure. I would really appreciate a recommendation for a service provider. If there is a system leak though, how is the system able to get down to 0 degrees at all? Wouldn't the system be unable to lower the temperature if refrigerant leaked out?
Appliance Medics  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:05:50 AM(UTC)
Appliance Medics

Occasionally you can get what is called a "floating restriction" this is typically moisture on the inside of the system that may sometimes freeze solid and stop the refrigerator from cooling then thaw and restart again causing intermittent cooling. What zip code in maryland?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply