Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
siitonm  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 9:30:54 AM(UTC)
siitonm

Groups: Registered

Replaced the water filter and now no water comes from the door dispenser. Sometimes the ice maker works. Tried to put the old filter back in and no water again. The water will dispense when the filter is removed so the psi is fine, the water supply isn't frozen, and the supply isn't clogged. Replaced the filter with one from Walmart that said it was for Samsung's but it didn't fit very well. Have tried several new Samsung filters but still have this problem. Any suggestions???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

baillieul  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 2:51:09 AM(UTC)
baillieul

I ran into this using a third party 'compatible' water filter purchased from Home Depot on a Samsung fridge. There is a known problem where the head in the fridge comes out of alignment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvDOmfDXTiM

Hope this helps.
siitonm  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:57:44 AM(UTC)
siitonm

Thanks but didn't work. The video seems to be a fix for when you can't get the filter to go in at all. My filter will go in but don't get any water. Actually went to Walmart and bought the filter that started my troubles. It's Great Value and it wiggles when you put it in. Did the lift up on this filter but never heard a click even after several tries. The reason had to go out for the offending filter is that the Samsung filter fits snugly and can't get the lift up that the video calls for. Oh well feel another dis-assembly session coming on. Replaced the pump and control board on our Samsung dishwasher not too long ago.
siitonm  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 7:11:04 AM(UTC)
siitonm

Whoops just noticed I fat figured the model number. It should be RF4287HARS/XAA forgot the S. Guess you all knew what I was talking about though.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply