Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
atforest  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 6:27:09 PM(UTC)
atforest

Groups: Registered

I have a LG french door fridge with freezer below.

Model: LFX25991 ST /02
Manufactured: 2013.01

I noticed items in the freezer had a layer of frost on them and then the next day started to melt. The fridge temp was also noticeably higher, although still reasonably cool. I unplugged the unit for 20 minutes and everything worked for 2 days. I unplugged again and everything worked for another 2 days. I say everything worked, but in reality the fridge temp was higher than usual.

Any thoughts on how to repair and/or troubleshoot this problem. Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

atforest  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 8:03:20 PM(UTC)
atforest

Groups: Registered

Repair man came out and could not find the problem He reset to control panel and the fridge/freezer both seem to be working fine now. However it did take several days for the fridge temp to drop to what it was before this all started (my scientific data for this is a tall glass of milk).

Then tonight I could hear puffs coming from the freezer. I could hear them from the bottom tray of the fridge and from the freezer. Almost sounded like steam being released in short puffs.

Any thoughts on what these short puffs might be?

Any thoughts on how to pull error codes for this fridge? (Per the manual I have to use my phone when I call the service center.)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply