Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snakestu  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2016 4:45:56 PM(UTC)
snakestu

Groups: Registered

While trying to bring my GE Arctica side-by-side back to life (see separate thread) I noticed that if I push on the back of the plug (at the wall) while the unit is plugged in, I could toggle the power of the unit. I pushed against it once by accident and the fridge shut off. I looked, saw that the power was off, pushed on the plug again, and the power came back on. I pushed on the back of the plug again, power off. Pushed again, power on.

Does this indicate a likely shock or fire hazard?

Even though the unit is not cooling, I'm still trying to get some value from the brand-new $45+ water filter I put in it just before it died, before I arrange to have this costly piece of junk hauled away. The water dispenser won't work without power, so I would prefer to leave it plugged in... but not if it's dangerous to do so.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.