Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JABIII  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 6:24:44 AM(UTC)
JABIII

Groups: Registered

Seams to be working fine but. It is getting hot around the freezer door seal surface. And it may be running all the time. :eek:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

JABIII  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:29:01 PM(UTC)
JABIII

OK, I found a video on You tube that said it is the "yoder loop" and either the condenser is dirty or the fan isn't working. So I opened up the back and checked. I found the fan working fine and cleaned the condenser good, I didn't think it was all that bad to begin with. I put it all back together and it is still getting hot. Any help out there???
JABIII  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 10:50:15 AM(UTC)
JABIII

Over 200 hits and no help!!

What am I doing wrong???? :confused:
cbmserviceguy  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 6:00:58 AM(UTC)
cbmserviceguy

Perfectly normal. The yoder loop is to prevent condensation from building around the door seals.
JABIII  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 5:23:59 PM(UTC)
JABIII

Originally Posted by: cbmserviceguy Go to Quoted Post
Perfectly normal. The yoder loop is to prevent condensation from building around the door seals.

Yes I agree with you about what the Yoder Loop is for, however with all due respect, I don't believe it was ever as hot as it is now right at 117 deg. F all the way around the door. And it seem to be running a lot. :confused:
cbmserviceguy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 3:47:44 AM(UTC)
cbmserviceguy

If it's running all the time AND has good condenser temp, it has an air leak somewhere. Check all your door seals to make sure they are tight. Newer refrigerators do run a lot more than older ones. The new inverter driven compressors focus on a low energy demand, marathon mentality low cool system where the older ones were more of a hot rod drag race style. 117 degrees is not out of the norm.
JABIII  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 10:48:42 AM(UTC)
JABIII

Originally Posted by: cbmserviceguy Go to Quoted Post
If it's running all the time AND has good condenser temp, it has an air leak somewhere. Check all your door seals to make sure they are tight. Newer refrigerators do run a lot more than older ones. The new inverter driven compressors focus on a low energy demand, marathon mentality low cool system where the older ones were more of a hot rod drag race style. 117 degrees is not out of the norm.

Do you know or is there a way for me to tell if this one has an inverter driven compressor? :confused:

Compressor Mod.#5304475140

Fridge. Mod.# FRT21HR6AW0, S/N LA13305137, Mfg. Date 8/01.

Thanks,
Jake
cbmserviceguy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 12:36:54 PM(UTC)
cbmserviceguy

That unit is not inverter driven. Have you checked temps inside? Colder than it should be in the freezer? Door seals all good? Any defrost issue?
JABIII  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 5:34:38 PM(UTC)
JABIII

Freezer -5, Fridge 35. Defrosts fine. A dollar bill is consistently snug around both doors. I had a fridge once that got wet from condensation on one side of the the freezer door. It turned out that the seal was bad, this one is dry all the way around and so is the fridge. :rolleyes:
cbmserviceguy  
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2016 11:14:19 AM(UTC)
cbmserviceguy

Sounds like everything is on the up and up. I would try to pay attention to how much it runs. It could be that you just happen to be around it when it's running and it's shut down when you aren't around?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply