Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pippy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 10:52:32 PM(UTC)
pippy

Groups: Registered

I recently replaced my water filter with a factory approved one as I have done many times before. Now I have a slow drip from the water dispenser. The water valve has been replaced but the problem persists. Many gallons of water have been run through the system and no air bubbles / bursts occur. And yet the drip persists. If I don't use the water dispenser for a few days the drip seems to stop. The repair service said there may be air bubbles in the water tank but several gallons of water should have flushed those out long ago and I don't understand how an air bubble could create enough pressure to push water vertically 12-18 inches from the water tank up the curved dispenser hose and out the end of the tube. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 12:16:44 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pippy Go to Quoted Post
I recently replaced my water filter with a factory approved one as I have done many times before. Now I have a slow drip from the water dispenser. The water valve has been replaced but the problem persists. Many gallons of water have been run through the system and no air bubbles / bursts occur. And yet the drip persists. If I don't use the water dispenser for a few days the drip seems to stop. The repair service said there may be air bubbles in the water tank but several gallons of water should have flushed those out long ago and I don't understand how an air bubble could create enough pressure to push water vertically 12-18 inches from the water tank up the curved dispenser hose and out the end of the tube. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pippy, Air in a "sealed" environment can't be condensed or absorbed(under normal conditions) It will seek and find the path of least resistance and "escape". But you're correct it should only take a gallon or two to flush any air from the system, and the drip should have stopped. You'll need to check and make sure the filter is installed correctly and seated tightly. then check all the water tubes and connectors to make sure the tubes are properly installed, seated and locked inside the fittings and all the connections are "air tight" (a loose tube fitting or hair line crack in the tubes may not leak water, but it will"suck" air into the system and cause the dispenser to drip.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply