Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
smnorrick  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2016 11:22:03 AM(UTC)
smnorrick

Groups: Registered

The refrigerator section of my Electrolux has stopped working but freezer and cooling drawer inside the refrigerator are holding temp. Temp in the refrigerator is at 61 degrees F, Freezer is at 10 and cooling drawer is at 37. I had a repair person come out a few weeks ago and he was able to get the refrigerator working again but when I call him he is not sure what he did. Anyway, it is out again. I have purchased a new display panel as the display is not fully functioning...a few lights in the panel are out so I am unable to read the digital numbers. The display panel is alarming that there is a high temp though. Will replacing the display panel fix my problem or is it sounding more like the main board that needs to be replaced?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2016 12:17:31 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: smnorrick Go to Quoted Post
The refrigerator section of my Electrolux has stopped working but freezer and cooling drawer inside the refrigerator are holding temp. Temp in the refrigerator is at 61 degrees F, Freezer is at 10 and cooling drawer is at 37. I had a repair person come out a few weeks ago and he was able to get the refrigerator working again but when I call him he is not sure what he did. Anyway, it is out again. I have purchased a new display panel as the display is not fully functioning...a few lights in the panel are out so I am unable to read the digital numbers. The display panel is alarming that there is a high temp though. Will replacing the display panel fix my problem or is it sounding more like the main board that needs to be replaced?

Smnorrick, for the warm refrigerator compartment, you want to check the damper assembly Part number: AP3581694
Part number: AP3581694
located in the air tunnel in the center of the back wall of the refrigerator. The damper opens and closes as the refrigerator compartment cools and warms. The damper can "stick" closed or only partially open and allow the compartment to warm. The display board should solve the LED issue,but it wouldn't have much to do with the refrigerator temperature.
smnorrick  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2016 4:45:27 PM(UTC)
smnorrick

Groups: Registered

Joe, Thank you so much for your reply. Can you tell me how do I check or test the damper to confirm if it is working or not.

Appreciate your help with this!

Sophia
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2016 5:39:25 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: smnorrick Go to Quoted Post
Joe, Thank you so much for your reply. Can you tell me how do I check or test the damper to confirm if it is working or not.

Appreciate your help with this!

Sophia

Sophia, see the attached information, it should get you into the test mode, and you should be able to review the error codes, and operate all the components of the refrigerator.
File Attachment(s):
242047000.pdf (1,025kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
Binder2.pdf (571kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply