Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MontezumaAztec  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 8:08:18 AM(UTC)
MontezumaAztec

Groups: Registered

Hey All,

I've been having issues with water dispensing from the refrigerator very slowly and have pinpointed the problem to the filter housing.
I believe it is the housing because the water is normal speed when I remove the filter, and when I replace the filter it starts out normal, but gradually slows down again by the end of the day/ within a couple hours.
I've also replaced many filters and experience the same issue with each one.

Now I just wanted to make sure I'm purchasing the right replacement part.

I have seen two types of filter housings available.
One just replaces the part where the filter connects to and includes the necessary tubing. DA97-06317A - WATER FILTER HOUSING/ NOT WATER FILTER
The other one replaces the whole housing unit: Samsung DA97-11433A Assy Case-Water Filter TANK;AW2-11,WHITE - AppliancePartsPros.com

Is it necessary that I replace the whole housing unit just to be safe, or will just the connector piece be sufficient for my problem?
Also, if anyone else has done this type of repair and could offer any crucial advice or has any resources that would help, it would be much appreciated!! Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.