Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kanderna  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:23:40 AM(UTC)
kanderna

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

Have been dealing with this issue for at least a couple years now. The fridge stops producing ice. It's going though it's normal cycle and I can hear the hum of it calling for water, just no water. I haven't had much luck with many of the solutions regarding powering off, hairdryer, etc. that I've found here and on other boards. Here's where I have had success.... One day when I had everything apart I decided to manually fill the tray, and boom... it started working again by itself. I don't know why it works, but it does. Every time this issue pops up, I fill the tray manually once (maybe a couple times) and it would start working again. The issue happens usually 3-4 times per year, but I'm here today because it has stopped working 4 times in the past couple of months. Filling the tray manually still works, but the issue is becoming more frequent and I'm looking for a more permanent fix.

Again, I've seen a lot of similar issues and solutions, but I have yet to find where someone can get it running again by manually filling the tray so I'm hoping someone has some thoughts.

Model: GSS26C5XXY00

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.