Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jayta98  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 6:34:49 PM(UTC)
jayta98

Groups: Registered

Hello i have a Samsung RF267ABRS/XAA refrigerator. We noticed the freezer section was not cooling enough on Monday. I pulled the freezer evaporator panel and when I hit the door switch I only see the bower fan working. The evaporator fan is not working. My wife's work AC tech came and looked at it(while i was at work) and noticed the same thing. My wife told me he took some voltage measurements and told me is a bad evaporator fan.

We put ice in the bottom tray and the unit was still keeping the food frozen. This morning I noticed the door display showed "Zero" flashing on the freezer side when i got home from work. My wife said the display was fine yesterday and it noticed it this morning. I read the manual and it says this code could come up when the freezer door is left open for too long. I also read that if you unplug the refrigerator for 60 seconds it will reset the code. After I plugged the refrigerator back my display is showing "88 88" with the 88 on the left side (freezer)blinking the bottom segment of the second "8". It almost looks like it is flashing 8A. I tried a few times unplugging it and it comes back to the same code. The display will not do anything when i press the buttons. I pulled the evaporator panel out again to see if the tech forgot to unplug a wire harness. All harnesses were plugged. The evaporator had some light frost but it was not covered on ice.

I did the self diagnostic test by holding the top buttons on each side for 8-12 seconds and while i hold it the same segment kept flashing constantly. After 12 seconds the display reset and it is back to normal. If i read error list correctly it is telling me the freezer evaporator fan is not running which it will be correct since the fan is bad. I installed the new fan and did the self diagnostic. The code was "88 88" without no flashing segments.

The refrigerator was set to 34 degrees and the freezer to -14. After 4 hours the temperatures were reached according to the display. I opened the freezer door but i noticed the food and ice it not looking like it is getting colder. I hold the freezer door switch and noticed the evaporator fan will not run. I can hear the circulating blower but not the fan. It eventually turns back on randomly after 20 secs or 2 3 minutes but it only stays on for about 20 secs. I tried the self diagnostic again and it showed the same code again, the "88 88" with the bottom segment of the second freezer "8" flashing.

At 1030pm (3 more hours later) the freezer is starting to look like it is not cooling enough. I'm out of ideas here besides the control module maybe not sending the voltage to the fan or the temperature sensor is bad. I just don't know what else to try.

If i noticed is still not cold tomorrow morning I will have to call a samsung technician and have them fix it. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.