Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thadmang  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:43:39 AM(UTC)
thadmang

Groups: Registered

After a major lightening strike in the neighborhood, my Viking refrigerator malfunctioned. The relays on the high voltage board kept clicking but not passing ac power on to the inverter board. I disconnected the compressor and tested winding resistance across all three terminals. All tested the same within specs with no shorts to ground. Since i was getting ac power to the high voltage board but the relays were not passing it through to the inverter, I replaced the high voltage board. No change with the new board.

I then jumped ac power directly to the inverter and was able to get the compressor and condenser fan to start. The compressor would come on slowly, ramp up and then shut down after about a minute. I checked for control voltage out of the low voltage board to the inverter board and got a pulsing dc current that I'm not really equipped to measure. With no other options other than a bad inverter board, I replaced the low voltage board and again no change. I would suspect the new high voltage board as faulty but don't know why it would be faulty in exactly the same way as the original. I could replace the inverter but it kind of works when I supply it with power so I am at a loss. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.