Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
txlonghorns23  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:32:30 AM(UTC)
txlonghorns23

Groups: Registered

Hello I have a Magic Chef MCBR360S. It was working fine up until last night when I notice the compressor wasn't kicking in. The compressor was extremely hot so I unplugged the mini fridge and let it cool until this morning. I tried plugging it back in and I hear a humming or buzzing sound for about ten seconds and then a loud click. It even clicked whenever I had the fridge unplugged. I took the PTC relay out, shook it and it made no sound. However, when I removed the overload relay, there was some sound whenever I shook it. I tested the resistance across the 3 terminals on the compressor and got 7.7, 7.4 and 14.5 ohms. I keep trying to test the resistance across the PTC but I keep getting random numbers between 50 and 200 ohms for a split second, then it changes to 1, and then changes to another number not even close.

Can someone help me out here? What appears to be my problem and how do I diagnose it? Could it be the overload and the PTC relay is fine? Or is it just the PTC relay? Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.