Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nealu  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 5:28:02 AM(UTC)
Nealu

Groups: Registered

Refrigerator and freezer are working fine at maintaining set temperatures. However, the compressor appears to be constantly running and the fan that draws air past the compressor is constantly turning off and on and I hear a clicking noise when the fan starts that I can not locate the source. The fan turns on and off very quickly and just slows down before the click is heard and it starts again. Sometimes this cycle takes a minute and sometimes it will recycle several times a minute. At first I thought that the compressor was recycling too but I can feel the compressor vibrate when the fan turns off.

The coils are clean and not obstructed. Can this be some sort of relay issue or perhaps the inverter? I can't find the wiring diagram and I can't locate one on the web.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 7:54:37 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
See the attachment for the tech sheet.

Check the voltage across the fan.
If it stays steady then it is probably a fan problem.
If it is switching on and off then it is probably a control board problem..
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Nealu  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:41:49 AM(UTC)
Nealu

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the wiring diagram. I checked the voltage going to the fan and it does drop when I hear the click which seems to be coming from the area where the control board is located. I understand that the board is no longer made and I'll have to send it in for repair. I also read that the bad relay can be replaced. Do you think it is worth trying to replace the relay myself or would it be best to send the board in for repair?

Also, does the compressor run just about all the time in these refrigerators? I have been checking and I have not heard it shut off for three days.

I've gotten help here before with a dishwasher problem and I want to thank you for saving me a lot of money and the frustration of dealing with a repairman.
denman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 9:14:15 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]Do you think it is worth trying to replace the relay myself or would it be best to send the board in for repair?[/COLOR]
I would send it in for repair as it sounds like it is the electronics that control the relay that have the problem.

[COLOR="Blue"]Also, does the compressor run just about all the time in these refrigerators? [/COLOR]
Yes they do. When a standard compressor starts up from a dead stop it uses a lot of power. These compressors run at an idle speed all the time and just speed up when cooling is required so there is a power savings.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply