Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
newbguy  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2015 2:39:03 PM(UTC)
newbguy

Groups: Registered

Tried to read as much as possible before posting, make it as easy as possible for you and so I wouldn't embarrass myself lol. Fridge is down, had 2 issues.

First it just wouldn't start at all. Changed the fuse, which turned out to be black and burned out. Starts fine now, lights, fan, air comes through inside the fridge. Second issue is that now it seems that it is either the compressor or the relay having problems. Compressor is hot and warm so I believe it works fine, but every now and then the relay starts to click and I'm assuming that's the issue.

Opening and taking apart the back, I see 2 parts the Capacitor and the Relay. Dates on the relay seem to be 2/24/08. The relay does not seem to have loose parts or rattling inside. Should I replace the Capacitor as well or just the relay? Not sure which one is the one having the problem, but read it's better to replace both just to be sure.

This is the same as my current capacitor that I was thinking of buying to replace it.

This is the same as my current relay that I was thinking of buying to replace it. (link from ********, guess they dont allow this link lol)

Here's some pictures of my current ones I have now.

I'm trying to replace it within the next week or soon since my fridge is fairly valuable asset. Hoping to find one that can ship as early as possible. Should I buy the exact same style and brands as my current ones? Are there any better options I should look into, or any other recommendations to replace the ones I have now? Thank you for any information., appreciate it very much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.