Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bernie Meyers  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 7:31:12 AM(UTC)
Bernie Meyers

Groups: Registered

I am trying to put a universal ice maker in this refrigerator. It is set up for an ice maker but sears has discontinued the one for it. My question is this. The connector is different so I planned to connect the ice maker directly to the terminals in the back of the freezer where the connector wires are now. There is ac, neutral, ground, and the yellow wire is the water valve. (It is brown on the old harness). The water valve supplied is 120V and there is a place and connector in the bottom rear of the cabinet for this valve. I put a meter on this connector and it has 22vac on it all the time with the icemaker not connected. I need a schematic for this refrigerator to figure out what is going on with this or hoping someone can tell me why there is voltage on the connector with the ice maker disconnected. Also the brown and white wire on the water valve connector is a larger gauge than what is on the harness terminal. I say that because obviously the wires from the water valve connector go somewhere other than the terminal strip in the back of the freezer. Please help if you can.

Bernie
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.