Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FridgeChallenged  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:23:55 AM(UTC)
FridgeChallenged

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'm looking for help in diagnosing a problem I'm having with this fridge. First some background:

In this refridgerator, neither the fridge, nor the freezer have a fan in them. The top portion is the freezer which has silver colored metal walls and floor sections.

Inside the fridge, you can see coils at the top. There is a drip tray right below them at the back of the fridge. On the left side of the fridge wall is a rotary temp control.

Now the problem:

I discovered the other day that the shelves in the fridge were wet. Looking up I saw the refridgerator coils in the fridge were almost completely iced up, and I thought this was because the control may have gotten bumped and rotated up too high. I turned down the control, cleaned up the water and the ice melted off the coils. Now however, the fridge does not appear to be cooling, no matter how high I turn up the control. The freezer section is very cold and I think the unit is just running continuiously now.

So my question is: What is causing this? Are the cooling coils for the two compartments seperate "loops" or are they part of the same system (one continuious loop)? If they are part of the same system, why would the freezer be cold but not the fridge. :confused: Thanks for your time.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.